Augmented Reality allow riders to ride on real roads, from all over the world, brought together virtually by generating and processing animated 3D riders in real videos. AR routes are recognizable when you see your or another rider's AVATAR. They are created by ROUVY directly. These can be found in all route categories in the ROUVY App and are marked with an AR badge.
OmniMode is the next generation of the ROUVY indoor cycling app, with new features and an improved 360° range of views to give every rider an even more immersive AR experience. Let's take a look at what is in store on the forthcoming selected routes (feature title leads to a video):
- REAR CAMERA VIEW: It allows you to turn and look over your shoulder.
- STATIC PANORAMA CAMERA VIEW: It’s there to stop the camera in one place and watching the peloton moving forward.
- IMPROVED ALTITUDE PROFILE: The mapping of a change in gradient is more granular, thus the ride is smoother when going over hills and rolling terrain. The ride experience is closer to reality.
- FURTHER VISIBILITY OF OTHER RIDERS: From now you can see several hundred meters ahead.
- IMPROVED AVATAR´S BEHAVIOR: The camera tracks the user trajectory better and this, in turn, makes the rider always visible. The camera position is higher and eliminates the strange behavior of riders in front of the camera during GROUP RIDES or in a peloton.
|To use OmniMode at ROUVY, make sure you have the 2.15.0 version or the newer version of the ROUVY App.|
How does it work
If you don't know how to recognize different types of routes, take a look at this article: How to recognize AR routes and non-AR routes.
Where to find OmniMode
We added a new CATEGORY in the App:
- on the DASHBOARD screen, click on the CHANGE button in the window with routes,
- CHANGE ROUTE screen will appear,
- select the OMNIMODE category and choose a route.
You can also find routes on the ROUVY website.
How to control camera mode on a training screen
You can change the camera views manually during a ride by clicking on the icons at the top of the screen - there are 3 icons - REAR VIEW, STATIC PANORAMA VIEW and FRONT CAMERA. At the same time, there is also an auto camera set up; this means that the camera is changing automatically in a regular time period (80sec front view, then 15 sec rear/panorama).
You can manually turn on/off the AUTO 360° CAMERA in the SETTINGS and control the camera views completely.
You can also control your camera angles from the saddle using our ROUVY Companion App.
We currently only have a few routes in OmniMode. We need to know how users like the routes and test the new mode in practice. Here are some of the supported routes:
We will gradually add more routes in OmniMode when we get enough feedback on the above.
1. Q: How many routes does OmniMode support and when will there be more?
A: Currently, OmniMode supports 12 routes and we are preparing more. For now, we are unable to say when more will be added. First, we need to test the current ones.
2. Q: Is it possible to try the feature in a FREE TRIAL PERIOD?
A: Yes, the feature is accessible to all users.
3. Q: How can the feature be turned on/off, and controlled?
A: You can control the cameras while riding. In the upper right part of the screen, you can see the icons with which you can switch between the front and rear cameras or the panoramic camera.
You can turn off and on the automatic previews in the application SETTINGS.
4. Q: When do you plan to create more routes?
A: We definitely plan to create more routes soon. At the moment, we are in the planning phase of ‘which route and at what time to convert to’ the new technology. We will certainly communicate everything transparently. It is in our best interests to actively communicate all the news about this new feature to the entire ROUVY community. We should be able to add at least 1 route per week by the end of the year 2022.
5. Q: Will it be possible for users to upload their own routes?
A: Right now only ROUVY can upload OmniMode routes but we are working on a solution for users.
6. Q: From which version of the ROUVY application is the feature available?
A: To use the feature in ROUVY, make sure you have the 2.15.0 version or the newer version of the ROUVY App.
7. Q: The routes you chose for OmniMode are difficult for me. What should I do if I want to try the routes, despite the difficulty?
A: With the JUST RIDE mode, we have a solution for you. Go to SETTING and reduce the REALITY LEVEL as needed. This is how you can try new technology in practice.
For more help, please feel free to contact us.