Big Screen Support - AirPlay Apple TV
Do you have Apple TV? We have great news for you! We implemented AirPlay connection in Rouvy. There is a Step–by–Step Manual on how to set up this connection and enjoy your video ride on the big screen, and check graph or map on your iPad.
1) Turn on your Apple TV and ensure you have a good Wi-Fi connection.
2) In setting up your iPad, tap on the AirPlay button (image n.1)
3) Now you should be able to see the name of your AppleTV (“Office Apple TV“ in our case). Tap on it – so the green tick appears (image n.2)
Important note: “Mirroring“ has to be enabled – it is for older iOS versions (i.e., 9.3.5 ) from iOS version 10 on, mirroring is automatic.
4) Time to launch Rouvy App and make everything the same - like you’re used to. What are the benefits of training via AirPlay in Rouvy?
- Different screens on iPad (e.g. map) and Big Screen (e.g. video) – (image n.3)
- You have more options and combinations of screens. Everyone can choose the best option for him/her. You can easily make the changes in ride settings.
It’s the exact same as in Routes to set up AirPlay connection. What’s the difference right now?
- We have to work a little bit more on Workouts functionality, and you can expect it in the next updates of the iPad version. It’ll be similar to Routes, so you’ll have the possibility to have different screens on your iPad and Big screen.
- At this time, the screen from iPad is mirrored on your Big Screen through AirPlay connection.
In the case of AirPlay, we strongly recommend that you download the video of virtual routes to your iPad first. After that, you can start a ride. Reason? Both online streaming of route video and AirPlay communicate via Wi-Fi, and in the case of a slower Wi-Fi signal, you can have trouble with the smoothness of the video’s motion.