- Firmware Update through Rouvy Windows app
Since OTA capabilities are done exclusively via Bluetooth, the CycleOps Hammer and Magnus trainers can be updated from Rouvy. No subscription is needed to update firmware in the Rouvy App. The only requirements are a BlueGiga dongle and free Rouvy account.
We went this route because the Windows native Bluetooth Integration is far from usable, and does not provide our customers with an easy-to-use, plug-and-play experience. Even if your PC supports Bluetooth Integration, you will need to use a BlueGiga dongle to perform updates as the dongle allows you to stay within the Rouvy application for the entire update process, and is far superior to the options that integrated native Bluetooth.
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to update your CycleOps Magnus or Hammer firmware:
1. Open the Rouvy Application.
If you do not currently have the Rouvy desktop application, you can sign up for a free account and download it here. Please, not that Rouvy is for use with PC only, no Mac compatibility at this time.
2. Plug in the USB BlueGiga dongle to your computer.
3. Select Settings and Trainers & Sensors tab.
4. Turn on "Use BlueGiga Dongle instead of integrated Windows Bluetooth Manager."
5. Select “Select Trainer” and choose the CycleOps trainer that you want to update.
6. Select the sensor you want to update in by clicking on the trainer's name once it’s shown as connected.
7. Click Check firmware.
8. Click on the Update Firmware button.
9. Sit back and watch the magic happen.
** Please note that the Hammer and Magnus have sleep timers, so be sure that your trainer has not fallen asleep by giving it a spin and ensuring its blue indicator light is blinking prior to starting the update.
- Firmware Update Instructions - PowerTap (iOS devices)
- Firmware update through Rouvy Android app
- Firmware Update