- Firmware Update through Rouvy Android app
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to update the firmware on your Over the Air (OTA) capable CycleOps product via Bluetooth using Rouvy installed on your Android Tablet/Mobile device.
1. Download and install Rouvy App from the Google Play Store.
2. Before continuing, ensure that you have the Bluetooth on your Tablet/Mobile device turned on.
3. Open the Rouvy App.
4. Log in to Rouvy. Don’t have a login? Click "Sign up" to create a free account.
5. Open the Menu.
6. Tap "Settings".
7. Tap "Trainer & Sensors".
8. Tap "Select" to choose your type of trainer.
9. In this example, we are updating the Firmware on a Hammer trainer, so we selected CycleOps Hammer.
10. Rouvy will now begin searching for your device; ensure that it’s plugged in and transmitting. This may require you to pedal the bike to ensure your trainer is awake.
11. Once your device is found, it’ll show up as connected.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the sensor has the Bluetooth icon next to it, not the ANT+ icon.
12.Now tap the connected device to continue.
13. This screen displays device information and will let you know if you have a firmware update available. If an update is available for your device, tap "Update Available".
14. You will see a list of all the changes the firmware update will apply. Tap "Update Firmware" to begin the update.
15. Sit back and let the magic happen. It’s important not to exit the Rouvy App or power off your tablet/mobile device during the firmware update.
17. Once completed, the detail screen will now show that the firmware is up to date.
** Please note that most trainers have sleep timers, so be sure that your device has not fallen asleep by pedaling the bike to ensure it's awake before starting the update.
- How to connect trainer in Android
- Firmware Update Instructions - PowerTap (iOS devices)
- Firmware Update through Rouvy Windows app
- Firmware Update