- Desktop Video Troubleshooting
If you experience some issues with a video in the Rouvy Desktop, check first:
- You have the latest upgrade installed. Go to top window menu Help – Check for update.
- If you have Microsoft "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" only installed for your graphics card then you have to install the proper vendor graphics driver.
- You have the latest version of the video graphic card driver installed.
- If you have the dual graphics card, try to switch to another graphics card.
Rouvy Desktop uses two technologies for video playback:
- Augmented route training (beta) and online races.
- Old route training, workouts and freeride video.
You have to solve the video problem based on the kind of training you ride.
AR training (beta) video troubleshooting
The new AR training UI uses Windows Media Foundation (Media Features) for the video playback.
- The Media Features are not installed on Windows N and KN editions by default. Please download and install this Media Feature pack from Microsoft, (read the Install Instructions on the Microsoft web site).
- If it does not solve the problem, try this advice.
Older UI’s route training, workouts and freeride video troubleshooting
The rest of the Rouvy app uses DirectX video. It requires codecs, which are installed as a part of Rouvy rouvy_setup.exe installation.
- Check, if you have the latest K-Lite Codec pack installed. We recommend using the Ninite installer (no toolbars and other PUA – potentially unwanted applications included): K-lite codecs.
- If you have a problem with a video on the route training, you should try to download the video and ride it with the Free Ride. Then let us know if the video in the Free Ride has been working or not.
- If you play a local video, make sure the video is not opened in any video editor application (Windows Movie Maker, VirtualDub, etc.).
If you will report a problem, please add the following information:
- What kind of video training you ride: AR route training, online race, old route training, workout, or free ride.
- In a case of route training, also provide the name of the route and if you downloaded the video or if you are streaming.
- Do not forget to mention whether the route is external:
Created route or Real Life Video (RLV).
- Desktop system information here.
- If you use one screen only or if you have a secondary screen or a TV plugged in.
- If you have a PC with a dual graphics card.
Additional DirectX video info (for experienced users)
- K-Lite Codec Codecs settings. Together with the K-Lite Codec is installed a tool c:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools\CodecTweakTool.exe. Choose Settings: Backup button. Choose a folder where to store the codecs setting back up, zip the folder and send the zip to us.
- Video graph. If you have a problem with an external video (Created route, RLV, any video for Workout, Free Ride), you may send us the video graph. Together with the K-Lite Codec is installed a tool c:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools\GraphStudioNext.exe. Open the video file - File > Open, then save the graph File > Save as XML as a *.grfx file. Attach the *.grfx to the ticket.