What do I need to create my own route?
- Download our Route Editor.
- You will need a Rouvy account. You can create an account on Rouvy main site if you don't have one yet.
Whenever you have completed those two steps you are ready to go and it is up to you which way of creating a route you take. It depends on few factors, for example, if you want to create a route with or without the video, or if you have GPS file or are you entering route points manually.
To record a route you will need a camera, ideally with GPS tracking. GPS file will help you a lot with creating a route in Route Editor.
There are few ways of how to record the route.
- The ideal scenario is camera mounted on a hood of a car or on a motorbike since these vehicles have suspensions. It will help you to stabilize the image a lot. You might want to take a look at what is the camera recording. Any parts of the vehicle or wrong height from the road might look very odd on the final video. We highly recommend riding at the approximate speed of how you would ride the route on a bike if you choose to record using a vehicle. By that way, you will avoid unnatural speed of obstacles on the video like other cars and people.
- You can also record the route with the camera mounted on your bike or even on your helmet. It depends on the camera and equipment you have. Some mounts for the camera has even gyroscopes, which improves the stability of the image.
- To make the best impression of the route, it is recommended to have a camera at eye level.
Note: Route video must take longer than 30s
If the recorded video does not contain video of the route, we reserve the right to delete it.
- How to create a virtual route from my activity?
- How to manually synchronize the video with the route?
- How to create my own route?
More in YouTube tutorials:
- Advanced sync of video in route editor
- How to create virtual route
- Advanced edit of elevation profile in route editor