How to manually synchronize the video with the route?
There are a lot of ways to synchronize the video, but we find this way easiest for the majority of the editors.
First of all be sure you have your Route editor up to date. You can check that when you open the editor, go to 'Help' and 'Check updates'.
- Select the route and click Edit, on the top right-hand corner click 'Video'.
- On the top left corner click 'Satelite' view.
- On the bottom of the app click 'Altitude and Video' and Load Video from File.
- Click checkbox: 'Follow video position'.
After that, you will play the video and pause at the points that you can identify on video and on the map, such as by-road, roundabouts, houses, corners trees etc. Whenever you find that point you pause the video, right-click on the map and 'Insert video point on route'. The app will resync your video to the selected location. Continue this way and you should be able to edit it. Points don't need to be close, but the more points you add, the more your route will be accurate.
Important note: If you would like to edit or change something in your already uploaded route, please, don't start with uploading again but choose the route in the Rouvy Editor and tap the "Edit" button. (to avoid multiple uploads of the same route)
- How to create a virtual route from my activity?
- What do I need to create my own route?
- How to create my own route?
More in YouTube tutorials:
- Advanced sync of video in route editor
- How to create virtual route
- Advanced edit of elevation profile in route editor