How to create your own workout?
Rouvy allowed you to easily create an own workout, which will best suit your expectation and complete your training. Being logged in at Rouvy web portal, go to "WORKOUTS" (1) and then click "CREATE WORKOUT" (2).
You can choose one of the following types of workouts that you are able to create:
- % FTP
- % Grade
There are some important clarifications:
- "Power" types of workouts are based on power indicators. It means that any workout of this type is going to be exactly the same for any category of cyclists. The resistance level is not changing and applied exactly as set.
- For the "Power/Kg" type of workouts, it is important to set your precise weight whenever your body weight has changed significantly over last time. The level of resistance, in this case, will be adjusted correspondingly.
- "% of FTP" types of workouts are based on the percentage of FTP. So, over time it is important to run an FTP test periodically. Recommended frequency for taking an FTP test is once per month. But of course, it is always up to you and your training goals.
- During the process of creation and the running of the "% of Grade" workouts just keep in mind the maximum number of the slope gradient your trainer is able to support. You can find this information on the vendor's website or in the trainer's manual under the "maximum simulated hill incline". You can set any number for the hill incline simulation in our app but the actually applied resistance is not going to exceed the level which your trainer hardware is capable of supporting.
The workout editor is very intuitive. Many properties and marks could be edited during the process of workout creation such as:
WORKOUT NAME (1)
SEGMENT INDICATORS – duration, value, segment name, video jump (2)
"Segment name" - we find it very useful to get each segment its name because you can see these names in the details of the finished workout:
- it´s easier to analyze
- and clearer than "Lap 1.....8"
"Video jump" - Video jump enables you to set specific video-play points before the start of the specific segment. The video time will be set up in the player of Rouvy apps as a new video time.
When you are finished on the segment, you can continue onto constructing the others (3). Afterward, you can see your workout summarized and you are able to edit some workout properties. For example, you can create workout instructions for better motivation. You can define when and how long the instruction will be displayed. The instructions are displayed in all Rouvy Apps during workout training. You can also write a workout description, so it could be better categorized and recognized by other users.
We have the category of some workouts, which are synchronized with motivation videos. Many people like motivation videos, so you can synchronize workout with famous videos from The Sufferfest, Real Ride Videos, etc.
Remember that videos are not downloaded automatically and you have to set media permissions in pre-training settings.
Important - Sufferfest videos are only for users who have bought and downloaded them.
One of the very useful features is the ability to set up workout SHARING LEVEL. You could choose with whom you want to share your workout.
There are four options:
- Public workout - it could see everybody.
- Friends only - you could share it only with your friends.
- Selected users- you could share it only with selected users, with whom you want.
- Private workout - it could see only you.
Another useful feature is the ability to create Segment templates for further use
Shift + Left click on a created segment -> +Create template -> Enter name of the template -> Click create
At the bottom of the page, there are saved templates with all the information like duration and power, which will be ready for you to use in other workouts.
At the point when you think you are done, you have options to confirm the finish by clicking create a workout or save the project and continue workout construction next time. Upon the confirmation of creation, you will see the created workout in your workout list (5).
At this point, you will be able to see this workout also in your device (automatically synchronized with your web-dashboard profile)
Do you want to import existing workout?
See the links below to see how to do it.