- IPAD/IPHONE USERS: IOS 11.2.1 DISABLES WAHOO ANT+ KEY
*the iOS 11.3. is released for the so your Ant+ key will work after the update!
ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY FOR IPAD/IPHONE USERS USING ANT+. THE REST OF YOU GET BACK TO YOUR ROUVY RIDING!
The latest version of iOS (11.2.1) does not recognize the Wahoo ANT+ key. This prevents the Rouvy app from connecting to your devices via ANT+ and controlling your smart trainer. This is not a problem with our app, but a problem between Apple and Wahoo, who are now working on a solution together. In the meantime, here are your options:
Do not upgrade to iOS 11.2.1.
If you haven't yet updated to iOS 11.2.1, you can disable auto update on your iOS device by performing the following steps:
1. Tap 'Settings'
2. Tap 'iTunes & App Stores'
3. Toggle Updates underneath "Automatic Downloads" to Off.
Updated already? Try these workarounds
Through trial and error, our Tech Minions have intermittently made their iPad/iPhone recognize the Wahoo ANT+ key and restore functionality.
1. With the Wahoo ANT+ key plugged in, restart your device.
2. Open the Rouvy app.
3. If you receive an error message, unplug/plug the key until you connect.
4. You may need to repeat step 1 - 3 each time you use the app.
Switch to Bluetooth
If you can't get your ANT+ key to work at all, then you can always use Bluetooth if your trainer/devices support it. If you're using a smart trainer, this will not work in erg mode and you'll have to use level mode.
We will keep talking to Wahoo and Apple and update you with any changes. We apologize for any interruption to your Rouvy riding.