How to connect the Classic / Turbo trainer - Desktop
Rouvy enables to connect the classic trainer + speed sensor and based on the known trainer's power characteristic Rouvy calculates the virtual power.
The resistance must be controlled by the user manually, but Rouvy calculates the virtual power and converts it into virtual speed. Rouvy supports most of the classic trainers, for sure check the compatibility list.
Rouvy calculates the virtual speed to be able to compare the results across all users and trainers. Read more about how the virtual speed is calculated here.
The app needs to read the current speed from the external speed sensor. Speed or Speed/Cadence combo sensors communicate via both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart protocols, some support one protocol only. Please, check the documentation of your sensor what protocol is supported. Based on protocol and the platform you can check what all accessories you will need to connect sensor (for the classic trainer) with Rouvy.
Follow these steps to connect your smart trainer:
The BlueGiga Dongle dongle is recommended as the most comfortable solution.
If you wish to connect via ANT+, you will need the ANT+ USB Dongle.
1. Log in to the Rouvy app and go to "Settings" - "Trainer and Sensors" tab and click the button "Select Trainer".
2. Choose the correct brand and type of your trainer.
3. Please make sure your BLE or ANT+ is enabled.
4. Click the button "Select" to make the buttons next to your trainer and sensors green and close the window.
Once your trainer is successfully connected, you can start your ride.
- How to connect Classic trainer - iOS
- How to connect Classic trainer - Android
- Remote control
- Why I can’t see my sensor?