ROUVY and TrainingPeaks
TrainingPeaks is the most popular and sophisticated training portal, allowing athletes to create and plan their own training routine. And it helps coaches guide their athletes through individual training plans.
We are so stoked to establish an integrated training environment together with TrainingPeaks.
How you can synchronize ROUVY with TrainingPeaks?
Go to rouvy.com and log into your ROUVY account > click on your icon in the right top corner > tap on "Connected apps" > select TrainingPeaks > login to your TrainingPeaks profile > Allow permission.
That’s it! Your future activities will show up in the TrainingPeaks!
- Manual - If you choose the manual option, you will have to go to the training diary, choose the activity you want, scroll down and send it from the table "share training" on the right side. This is a good option if you do not want to have warm-ups and cool-downs in your cloud.
- Auto - Auto share is a good option if you do not want to care about anything. It sends the activity automatically after the end of the activity. Also, it sends warm-up and cool-down to the cloud.
*NB If you can not connect, you are connected with ROUVY account to another TrainingPeaks account.
Disconnect there, and connect to the new one.
What do we mean by integrated environment?
- You (or your coach) can easily create a pre-defined workout in TrainingPeaks.
- Your workout is going to be automatically and instantly synced with ROUVY apps for you to be just a few seconds from the ride.
- At TrainingPeaks, coaches believe there is a right way to train for an endurance event. It starts with having a clear goal, finding expert instruction, performing structured training, and receiving immediate feedback throughout the process. The TP ecosystem on the web, mobile, and desktop applications will help and guide you on your journey.
- Each day the TrainingPeaks workouts will be displayed in your ROUVY account. Only workouts of the day are to be accessible in the ROUVY app.
- The main benefit of TrainingPeaks workouts in the ROUVY application is the automatic control of the trainer’s resistance by the ROUVY application.
I don't see my workout in ROUVY Workouts. Why? What kind of TrainingPeaks workouts are supported?
- You or your Coach has to add a workout to your Training diary (you must add it via the website, not in the app). Simply click on a day in the Calendar and click the plus button below.
- ROUVY displays and can synchronize only TrainingPeaks workout that contains specification "Bike" Workouts. Other specifications will not be displayed in the ROUVY app.
- Click the "Build Workout" button.
- The only Workout that will be displayed in the ROUVY must be classified as „Duration“ and „% FTP“.
Syncing different FTP values between TrainingPeaks and ROUVY
When a user clicks on the Workout of Day, the FTP value in the TP app differs from that in ROUVY. ROUVY will ask you to synchronize the FTP value. We recommend confirming and synchronizing. Otherwise, the workout profile will be inconsistent with the coach's expectations.
Why is the FTP important?
The workout profile is based on workout segments. Each segment is defined by duration and % FTP.
Once the FTP values in TrainingPeaks and ROUVY are not the same, the final workout generated for each ride in ROUVY will set the different higher/lower resistance to a trainer.
TrainingPeaks Workouts of the Day in a training diary and activity synchronization
- All information about activities in the ROUVY application is sent to TrainingPeaks.
- TrainingPeaks process the uploaded activities and based on the incoming values from ROUVY changes the status of the workout.
- The new workout status will be immediately displayed in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- The green color means that the workout is completed.
Red - your workout is not completed.
Grey - your workout is planned.
Where can I find the TrainingPeaks workouts in the ROUVY app?
You can find your TrainingPeaks workout in the Workout section.
For more help, please feel free to contact us.