Connecting a classic/turbo trainer
ROUVY enables to connect of the classic trainer/turbo trainer + speed sensor (cadence sensor is not enough) and based on the known trainer's power characteristic ROUVY calculates the virtual power.
The resistance must be controlled by the user manually, but ROUVY calculates the virtual power and converts it into virtual speed. ROUVY supports most of the classic trainers, for sure check the compatibility list.
The app needs to read the current speed from the external speed sensor. Speed or Speed/Cadence combo sensors communicate via both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart protocols, some support one protocol only.
- Log in to the ROUVY app and go to the "Settings" - "Trainer and Sensors" tab and click the button "Select Trainer".
- Choose the correct brand and type of your trainer
- Please make sure your BLE or ANT+ is enabled.
- Click the button "Select" to make the buttons next to your trainer and sensors green and close the window.
- Once your trainer is successfully connected, you can start your ride.