Connecting a power meter
ROUVY enables to connect the power meter as a trainer. It's a little confusing, but in fact, it doesn't matter what trainer you use, ROUVY reads the accurate power from the power meter. The resistance must be controlled by the user manually, but ROUVY knows the accurate virtual power and converts it into virtual speed. ROUVY supports most of the power meters, for sure check the compatibility list.
ROUVY calculates the virtual speed to be able to compare the results across all users and trainers. Read more about how the virtual speed is calculated here.
The app needs to read the current power from the external power meter that communicates via both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart protocols, some support one protocol only. Please, check the documentation to your power meter what protocol is supported. Based on protocol and the platform you can check what all accessories you will need to connect the power meter with ROUVY.
Follow these steps to connect your power meter
Via Bluetooth Connection:
- We recommend using BlueGiga Dongle dongle as the most comfortable solution.
Via Ant+ Connection
- If you want to communicate via ANT+, you will need ANT+ USB Dongle.
1. Open the ROUVY Workouts application, log in and go to Settings, tap Trainer and Sensors and Add sensors
2. Please make sure your BLE or ANT+ is enabled
3. Select your sensor. After that, your sensors are searching automatically
4. Click Select to make the buttons green and close
Open the ROUVY Workouts application, log in and go to Settings, tap Trainer and Sensors. Select your power meter ( for example PowerTap Pedals P1) and Add sensors.