ROUVY WORKOUTS - Bluetooth Connection
Windows 10 comes with much better native support for Bluetooth low-energy devices. If you have Windows 10 (with Creators update) and Bluetooth 4.0 on your desktop, you can simply use BLE devices together with the ROUVY desktop application without any limitations (no need for the external dongle).
If your PC has no Bluetooth 4.0 you have to buy a Bluetooth dongle.
If you were using native Bluetooth in the older ROUVY version (version before 5.X.X), all BLE devices should be automatically updated to the new system. See Windows update notes for more details.
If you are using Windows 8 and Windows native Bluetooth, it will not work anymore (from the 5.4.0. version). You would have to upgrade to Windows 10 or buy a BlueGiga dongle or Ant+ stick. See the links below.
If you are using Windows 7, you still have to use your Ant+ or BlueGiga dongle.
Bluetooth dongle Eko Buy CSR 4.0 USB dongle reports issues.
Windows native BLE troubleshooting
If you are using the native Windows Bluetooth and you are unable to connect your trainer in the ROUVY app, follow these steps:
- Make sure your trainer is not connected in the Bluetooth settings
- If you are using Bluetooth 4.0. dongle, remove system drivers from your PC.
- Open the device manager and click on "Bluetooth"
- Click on view and "Show hidden devices"
- Now we can see all the installed Bluetooth devices.
- This is important because we are going to uninstall all of them. This won’t cause any harm to the computer, when you reinstall the computer it will install all the essential Bluetooth adaptors.
- To uninstall an adaptor simply press right-click on it and choose ‘Uninstall device’.
Are you facing any issue with the Kettler trainer and you see the error message like below?
You have to pair your Kettler into the Windows Bluetooth settings first.
iPhone, iPad, and Android
Just make sure you do have the Bluetooth 4.0 Smart and you can connect how many trainers or sensors you like. You don’t have to install or download anything more, just turn on the system Bluetooth.
Do you have trouble with the Bluetooth?
Here are some fast tips:
- Take out and put back the dongle.
- Allow in the ROUVY application.
- Restart your device.
- Update sensor software.
- Check sensor batteries.
- Remove obstacles.
- If you are using the USB HUB, try to plug it right into your Pc/laptop.