ROUVY Group Ride allows you to share your rides with your friends or other athletes from around the world. Enjoy riding in a group, stay motivated, do not worry about your performance, and simply enjoy exploring the world. Challenge others to join the ride without any podium aspiration.
When exploring the world with ROUVY Group Ride, you will be able to stay together with the Group Ride Leader, no matter your performance. Keep pedaling, and the “ROUVY Magnet” will keep you close to the Group Ride Leader by giving you extra power.
- invitation driven
- non-competitive - all athletes are welcome - no matter your fitness level
- no official Group Ride results
- a great tool to engage with new athletes outside of your circle in a friendly way
Join our Facebook group "ROUVY Athletes," create your own event, and invite your friends.
How the “Magnet” scenario works
In order to stay next to the Group Ride Leader, one must produce the same effort/watts as the Leader. When a rider produces less performance and starts losing distance, the magnet kicks in and starts “helping” the rider to stay with the group. It works the other way too - when a rider stays consistently ahead of the Group Ride Leader, the magnet kicks in, and the rider will be “pulled back”. It will get progressively more difficult to stay ahead. There will be an indicator visualizing the position towards the leader (seconds behind or ahead of the leader and performance savings against the leader).
If you decide to challenge your Group Ride Leader and ride much faster than him or her, our magnet will pull you back to the Group Ride Leader, allowing you to stay with the Group yet enabling you to give the extra effort you want to.
How to join a Group Ride from the app:
1. Switch from “route” to “event” at the bottom right.
2. Switch to the “upcoming” events, type “group” or “group ride” in the search field, or search the events on your own (There is always written "Group Ride").
3. Download the needed route here.
4. Click on the “Register” button to finish the registration.
5. This button will forward you to the creation of the Races! not Group Ride.
How to join a Group Ride in the Events section:
- Go to the “Events” section on rouvy.com.
- Scroll down.
- Click on "Show advanced filters".
- In the all types section, choose Group Ride.
- Click on search.
You can add other criteria, it is up to you.
How to create a Group Ride:
If you wish to create your Group Ride in ROUVY, please login at my.rouvy.com. Click on Explore > Group Ride > "Create Group ride" OR the plus button (+) and Create Group ride.
Fill in the mandatory fields (GR name, Date/Time, Smart trainers only, Password, Leader, Route name, Participants, Friends). Click on the “Create group ride“ button at the end.
You can find your Group ride in the Event section > My Events.
See you on the route!
For more help, please feel free to contact us.